Brooklyn Free School Teacher Institutes are 3-day experiential workshops
for pre-K through 12th grade educators and school leaders.
"Making Room for
Student Voice in the Classroom"
- Build curriculum guided by student interests
- Attend to equity and justice within and beyond the classroom
- Develop a working democracy with room for individual voices
- Establish deep and respectful relationships between teacher and student
- Make room for social and emotional development
"Learning About Slavery and Resistance with a Social Justice Lens"
- Reflect on your personal relationship to race and learning about slavery
- Discuss curriculum development and social justice principles with colleagues
- Take a trip to the African Burial Ground in Manhattan
- Gather resources to support ongoing learning and culminating projects
- Create curriculum that is age appropriate, and anti-racist
P-Credit Available for Public School Teachers
Brooklyn Free School Teacher Institutes are listed in the ASPDP Catalog. Search for them as:
- "Making Room for Student Voice in the Classroom"
- "Learning About Slavery and Resistance with a Social Justice Lens"
To receive 1 credit, Public School Teachers must register with ASPDP and also complete Brooklyn Free School's registration above.
Rates Per Session
- $300 Early Bird Discount (register by April 1st)
- $350 General Registration (after April 1st)
- $150 Student & Public School Teacher Rate
- Thursday: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM