Brooklyn Free School Teacher Institutes are 3-day experiential workshops
for pre-K through 12th grade educators and school leaders.
"Learning About Slavery and Resistance with a Social Justice Lens"
- Reflect on your personal relationship to race and learning about slavery
- Discuss curriculum development and social justice principles with colleagues
- Take a trip to the African Burial Ground in Manhattan
- Gather resources to support ongoing learning and culminating projects
- Create curriculum that is age appropriate, and anti-racist
P-Credit Available for Public School Teachers
Brooklyn Free School's Teacher Institute is listed in the ASPDP Catalog. Search for it as:
To receive 1 credit, Public School Teachers must register with ASPDP and also complete Brooklyn Free School's registration above.
Rates Per Session
- $300 Early Bird Discount (register by April 1st)
- $350 General Registration (after April 1st)
- $150 Student & Public School Teacher Rate
- Thursday: 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Friday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM